Tuesday, December 06, 2016

RIP Green Hornet



Van Williams, best known as Britt Reid, aka "The Green Hornet," in the 1966 TV show, passed away on November 2016. My apologies for just finding out! Here are some shots of him working out with Robert Conrad at what I believe is the Warner Brothers Studio gym. The things guys will do for publicity.



I wonder what direction the photographer was giving while these were being shot?



Here are some shots of Adam West and Van, promoting their blockbuster TV shows, "Batman" and "The Green Hornet."



Both casts and vehicles from the two shows.



For more Movie, TV, and Pop Culture photos visit my main website.

4 comments:

Fifthrider said...

Wow, Batman wheels on the Green Hornet's car? Looks like they put hubcaps on for the second shot but the car sort of looks better with Batman's wheels.

An enjoyable, but short-lived show. Van and Bruce made a great team.

K. Martinez said...

Just found out about Van Williams passing today as well. Loved both the Green Hornet and Batman '66. It was a great era for fantasy television.

RIP Van Williams

beachgal said...

No apology needed - his passing was only released in the news yesterday on the 5th. I never watched The Green Hornet - too old I guess. He's in my memories from Bourbon Street Beat and Surf-Side Six - I can still sing the theme song from the last one! I was almost done with college by the time The Green Hornet came on TV.

Anonymous said...

I mean no disrespect to Van Williams (a good looking and amiable enough actor to please television audiences), or anyone else who worked on it, but The Green Hornet was a terrible show. In jettisoning the campy humor of Batman (so they wouldn't look like copycats?) they ended up creating 24-minute episodes of dreariness that looked the same no matter who the villain was. I dare anyone to describe the plot of just one episode from memory (without using the internet).

The Green Hornet's long lifetime in pop-culture history is based on

(a) it's piggyback association with Batman
(b) it paved the way for Bruce Lee's early-70's martial arts movie fame