Thursday, September 08, 2016

Art Deco Magic: Rockefeller Center



As an Art Deco fanatic, Rockefeller Center/Plaza is like heaven to me. Greeted by this statue of Atlas by Lee Laurie, there are so many iconic landmarks to see in this section of Fifth Avenue.



Like this gilded statue of Prometheus and fountain by Paul Manship:



The entrance to 30 Rockefeller Plaza is just a tad intimidating:



Once the RCA Building, this skyscraper contains the mural American Progress by Josep Maria Sert. How had I never noticed these on my previous visits?!?



And yes...I was allowed to take photos. It wasn't like being at the Chrysler Building!









These exterior works of art call to me every time I visit (and somehow, I manage to photograph them each time as if I had never seen them before):





More Rockefeller Center photos at my main website.

No comments: