Sunday, March 06, 2011

Gems from May 1958, Pt. 1



A recent batch I acquired from May 1958 has a number gems, so I will sloooooowly dole them out for you, so that I don’t overwhelm you all at once. Here’s a beauty of the entrance to the Sleeping Beauty Diorama located inside the Castle. Note the turnstile at the entrance, no longer there.

For all you signage geeks (like me), here’s a closeup of the one to the left of the entrance.



The restoration of this hidden Disneyland gem is one of the highlights of the many improvements made to the park over the last few years.

Here’s a shot of how the entrance looks today:





See more Disneyland photos at my main website.

5 comments:

Momma Nic said...

Turnstile on a Castle. That is kind of funny to think about,yet it seems completely NORMAL in the Disneyland.

Connie Moreno said...

"I will sloooooowly dole them out for you..."

It's official, we are addicted and you are the supplier, LOL! Great photos and that behind the scenes stuff from Banbi is great. I adore those squirrels. I think we can all agree that Hopper (or his descendant) appeared in Bug's Life!

Snow White Archive said...

Signage geek...guilty as charged. I dig the SB diorama entrance photos.

TokyoMagic! said...

It's interesting to see that the walk-thru took a "C" coupon at that time. I wonder when it was downgraded?

Chris Merritt said...

Gorgeous! I love that original signage for the walkthrough. If only your photographer had taken shots inside... Photos of the '57 version are so very rare....