Friday, August 03, 2007

Main Street Train Station



The C.K. Holliday is ready for another Grand Circle Tour trip in this June 1964 shot. I have also included a closeup view. Dig the bicycles!



Here’s one from June 1960, with a nice view of some attraction posters, including a not often seen Golden Horseshoe design:



July 1967, this putz didn’t realize that the Kodak picture spot is for information purposes only; it’s not supposed to be in the shot! I would hazard a guess that these flowers in the shape of a Mickey are some of the most photographed flowers in the world.



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland Railroad photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

I have the feeling that somebody's going to enjoy seeing those bicycles!

Anonymous said...

Could be my bicycle. We moved to Westminster, 6 miles from Disneyland, in 1963, and I didn't get my driver's license until 1966. During those three years, I rode my bike to Disneyland and locked it into that bike rack several times. Going to Disneyland alone as a young teen, with no one to argue with about what to go on next, was a really liberating feeling back then.