Friday, April 27, 2007

Ready for Stephen King



Just for Tim, I am posting a few more of these 2 little towheads, who look like they just stepped out of a Stephen King novel. From February 1960, we have the first two shots of the little darlings near the gates of Frontierland and the Castle Bridge, most likely with the poor sap who rescued them from the orphanage and brought them home to wreak havoc on a small midwest town (or something like that).



I don’t know what’s more creepy in these next two photos; the little girls or the Three Little Pigs. Try to get these images out of your nightmares tonight, folks!





Fortunately, just like the original creepy Mickey & Minnie park costumes, these characters also evolved into something much less frightening (except for the little toddlers in strollers who will let out a blood curdling yell for anything in a mask, but that’s another story). And whatever you do, don’t have lunch at Casa de Fritos; those little girls might be there.



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

4 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

That's one of the nicest Casa de Fritos photos I've ever seen....

Adam Hazlett said...

today's whole post gives me the HEEBIE-JEEBIES!

Anonymous said...

OMG! Now I will never sleep! Those girls are haunting and that darn pig is like something from “Rosemary’s Baby”!! I’m going to DL next month and I just KNOW I’m going to turn the corner and see those GIRLS!!!! Or worse, that PIG!!! Thanks for these posts, they are surreal! Keep up the awesome Blog and website! Tim. P.s. Their “Dad” looks evil too, did they have a 10 most wanted back then?

Anonymous said...

Is that a movie camera Dad is holding? Wouldn't it be great to find those films? Could be creepier than the stills.