Friday, March 30, 2007

Submarine Voyage Rehab



If I didn’t know that these were vintage slides, I would think that I was viewing the Submarine Voyage as it looked a few weeks ago: completely drained with a plethora of technicolor coral specimens. However, these first 2 slides are from March 1964 (back when the subs were gray, not Nemo-Yellow). The last 4 are from an undated batch, but I would assume they are from the same March 1964 era (unless this attraction was drained and rehabbed frequently).











For more vintage & current Disneyland Submarine Voyage photos, visit my main website.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

As a kid I tried to take pictures of the drained lagoon - - at night. Duh! They came back too dark of course. I'm guessing that they must have had to drain this somewhat regularly, but don't really know.

Anonymous said...

As I recall, they only drained the lagoon one time between the years of '59 and '65. (the years I worked at the Cox Flight Circle). And, if memory serves, it was about 1964.