Thursday, September 28, 2006

The Lovely Ladies of Disneyland



For some reason, yesterday’s post seemed to strike a chord with the viewers(!), so today, I searched through my DL slide collection and culled a few that showcase the fair maidens who worked at the park. Today’s tour begins with Lesley, a pretty dark haired lass from August, 1967.



And for Dave Rogers, here’s a beautiful blonde lassie from the Storybook Land, showing off her shapely gams, September 1965.



And I couldn’t forget about the Major, so here’s a pretty and perky mermaid, sitting amongst a few conch shells, August 1960. And for the grand finale: this is for all my fellow tiki-lovers. A lovely goddess from the Tahitian Terrace, circa August 1966. I think I’ll go have an orange flavored doughnut now.



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

Hmmm, all the pictures are great, but I may have to change my vote from the mermaid (nice tan by the way!) to the dancer at the Tahitian Terrace! Whooee....!

Dave Rogers said...

Thanks Dave.

For a moment, I almost sided with the Major. Those Tahitian Terrace ladies were knockouts.

But then I took a second look at the Storybook gal. A cheesecake pose. Blonde hair. And, unlike the Tahitians, you could sit right next to her.

Yep--Storybook girls are the dreamboats of Disneyland past.