Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Sweating at the Avalon



For a weekend of soulful thought and contemplation, I went to Palm Springs for a real estate shoot and took some extra time to check out the Avalon Hotel (formerly the Viceroy).



The shoot began at 6am, so after breakfast I took a chance on an early check-in. The room wasn't quite ready, but with free WIFI and a seat in the lounge area I kept busy in the meantime. Before noon they had upgraded me and I was moving into Bungalow 104. Huge bonus points.



The main pool:



The "adult" pool; nothing raunchy, just a no-kids zone. Very much appreciated since I like to do laps.



Play ping pong and watch the sun set over the mountains.



Look in the other direction and catch a beautiful sunrise!



I took advantage of the spa; enjoyed my facial which for the time being, made me look at least 10 years younger. Give or take 9 years.



My "home" for 24 hours: Bungalow 104.



Living room:



Dining room (not sure how relaxing it would be staring at the wallpaper while eating):



Bedroom; VERY comfortable bed. First night of solid sleep in ages.



The bathroom:



And of course, one of my obsessions: light fixtures.



Upgrade, friendly staff, ideal location; what more could one ask for? Maybe temperatures lower than 120 degrees.

I'll definitely be back to the Avalon.

More Palm Springs and Avalon Hotel photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Fifthrider said...

That's kind of funny and sad how sometimes you have to go somewhere else to get a good night's sleep. Wow, your eyes never get bored in a place like that. Any idea why they changed from the Viceroy to Avalon?

Daveland said...

Not sure on that one, Bryan.