Wednesday, October 05, 2016

San Antonio: The Saga



The San Fernando Cathedral in San Antonio, Texas, was designed by architect Francois P. Giraud. This amazing Gothic Revival structure looks as if it was imported from Paris. At night, it is even more impressive.



As if that weren't enough, three times a night on Tuesday, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday, an incredible light show called "San Antonio The Saga" plays out on the facade of the Cathedral.



It was one of the most creative things I have seen; I actually had to put my camera down a few times so that I could enjoy it without my lens getting in the way.



For every show, the Plaza fills up with spectators who reverently watch the history of San Antonio play out before their eyes.











It's a difficult thing to capture what this show really is; what made it harder was the cracked out idiot who decided to walk up to the Cathedral during the show and then deposit himself on the front steps. I had to raise my camera a bit to keep him out of the lens. No way I was going to get that freak in my photos.



Like any good show, the ending rolled out the credits for everyone to see.



To finish off the post, here's a peak inside the Cathedral:



More Texas-sized photos at my main website.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I walked out to see this church, but was unaware of the light show program. What a great idea.

San Antonio is a nice city, lots to see there.

Thank you for the pics, Dave. Really remarkable.

JG