Thursday, November 19, 2015

VIP for a day



How many people can say that they enjoy their job and look forward to going into work almost every day? Count me among the fortunate. This is why I attempt to do a team building trip every year with the amazing people that I work with. This year, I decided to finally do something I have always wanted to do: a Disneyland VIP Tour. To start the day off, we took the train up to Anaheim; let's face it. Driving on the 5 is the quickest way to ruin your day. A limo from White Rose whisked us off to the Park.



It's always a happy site when there's a train at the Main Street Train Station. Hard to believe the trains will be down for almost a year.



The Castle in all of its 60th Anniversary finery.



With the revamped Peter Pan temporarily closed, we decided to visit Harold, the Matterhorn's Abominable Snowman. Janet had downed a few dramamine on the train and she was ready to experience her first roller coaster in years; Anastasia was very excited about this and raised her arms in support.



The weather was perfect; couldn't have dreamed up a better day for it.



The anticipation builds as you climb the Matterhorn and see the new projection effects.



Whipping around the wreckage a sense of doom increases.



And there he is, roaring and reaching out to terrified guests. I'll bet Harold is a total teddy bear at heart.



Matt had to photobomb an unsuspecting Rob.



We all posed at the Matterhorn photo opp stand.



Much better rotated!



Maria, our tour guide, was friendly and attentive. She did an amazing job!



Last one for today leaves us at the dock of the Finding Nemo attraction.



Get the VIP treatment with more insider photos of Disneyland at my main website.

8 comments:

K. Martinez said...

I enjoy working. I never understood people who whine about their job. No matter what your job is, it's what you make of it. Hell, I'm just thrilled to wake up in the morning.

Wonderful shots of the Matterhorn revamp. The goatee looks good on you, Dave. One of the guys on your team looks familiar to me. Would he happen to be one of the bloggers on Tours Departing Daily?

Thanks, Dave.

Irene said...

How nice of you to do this for your team :)

I have to say your photos are the best I've seen of the revamp of the Matterhorn!!!

Fifthrider said...

First, congrats on the great team-building exercise. If you guys can climb the Matterhorn then you're capable of pretty much anything. Congrats on the VIP tour too. A pricey experience, but so worth it when you're at the front of pretty much every line. I should mention that I save plenty of your shots to a "Wallpaper" folder on my computer at work and rotate daily. I have no idea how you get such great shots ESPECIALLY while in motion on a ride. You have a true talent.

Daveland said...

Hi Ken - Glad you like the goatee. Just trying it on for size right now. And yes - that is Matt from TDD. Amazing photographer; fantastic designer.

Thanks Irene & Bryan!

Mark said...

Dave, I think you'd be a boss I'd love to work for! Many Blessings, Mark

Anonymous said...

I think I should have you up to train my organization on just what team building is!
KS

Debbie V. said...

Looks like a wonderful time - the Matterhorn was always my 3rd favorite ride (followed #1 Pack Mules through Nature's Wonderland and #2 Adventures through Inner Space) So yes - it's now my favorite. I can only hope I will get out to CA to ride it once more.
I really enjoy going to work every day as well. I dread the day I can't do that.

Unknown said...

Good stuff there, Dave. The repainted Matterhorn is still new enough to me that I'm pleased anew each time I see it. The illusion of a thick snow-pack is just wonderful.