Tuesday, November 17, 2015

July 1959 on the Matterhorn



It truly is in the details. For this July 1959 shot taken from Central Plaza, on the first glimpse, it doesn't really look all that amazing. But then we begin to zoom in…

You can actually see a few climbers at the top of the peak.



Zoom #2 shows a White Wing sans hat being stared at by a little tyke wearing sunglasses in a stroller.



The last zoom is purely for fashion, as we see two ladies dressed to the nines darting quickly across the Plaza.



Climb your way through more Matterorn photos over at my main website.

3 comments:

K. Martinez said...

From any point in Disneyland the Matterhorn always looks amazing (at least to me). It's from outside the park that the true scale of the Mountain is evident.

I can just imagine those two ladies dressed to the nines riding Star Tours, Indiana Jones Adventure, Splash Mountain or Space Mountain. I'm afraid they'd become completely undone.

Fifthrider said...

Agreed. Likewise I was going to say "no one goes to the park in heels anymore" but I'd be wrong about that now that I think about it.

That pic is a great slice of time. What I'd give to go back in time and just spend one day in the 50's there. The park is clean, the people look well-behaved, and the strollers are smaller than a Mercedes G-class.

Matthew said...

Let's not overlook that snappy outdoor vendor selling ice-cream with his straw hat.

Always your pal,
Amazon Belle