Thursday, April 02, 2015

Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, Pt. 2



I found myself in La Costa as a result of registering for a meditation weekend. If you're going to meditate, why not do it at a Resort & Spa? I decided to give meditation at try, thanks to a groupon deal for the Deepak Chopra Center.

The orchids in the lobby were beautiful:



The stage inside was bathed in a soothing blue; I almost thought I was at Disneyland!



I gave meditation and yoga a try; I have continued the meditation but not the yoga. It makes a lot of sense to take half an hour twice a day to stop what you're doing and meditate. So often we get caught up in things that really do not matter as much as we let them.



Slipping into a meditative state allows your body to take over, heal itself, and take the edge off of what's troubling you. Having all this occur in the center of such a beautiful landscape didn't hurt!



ALMOST made me want to take up golf again.



The perfect capper was having cocktails with good friends afterwards!



Ride on over to my main website and see more photos of the La Costa Resort and Spa.

1 comment:

Fifthrider said...

Very cool. That stage also reminded me of Disneyland, specifically Stage 17 when I accompanied someone on the Club 33 preview. Blue curtains, plants everywhere, little LED fireflies. It's amazing how well some simple construction can set such a mood in such a universal room. Good luck with the meditation!