Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Omni La Costa Resort and Spa, Pt. 1



So often we get stuck in a rut. Even though San Diego is a pretty large city, I typically stick to the area I live in and the one where I work. Before I moved back here in 1999, my trips to San Diego centered around the beach. Nowadays, unless there's a photo shoot, I rarely take advantage of the ocean that is only about 10 minutes from my door. La Costa is a little town just north of downtown San Diego, less than 25 minutes from my house. Yet, staying at the Omni La Costa Resort & Spa made me feel as if I was hours away in either Palm Springs or Santa Barbara.



The grounds are beautifully landscaped and I loved the architecture which would comfortably fit into either one of the aforementioned cities.



Dramatic evening lighting is important to me, and this place definitely had their "A-game" going on.



Walking around at night was so peaceful, following the well-lit (but not TOO well lit) paths that meandered around the property.



See what a difference lighting can make?



How the property looked early in the morning as I was on my way to yoga.



Yoga?!? Always good to try new things...

Ride on over to my main website and see more photos of the Omni La Costa Resort and Spa.

1 comment:

K. Martinez said...

For over four decades, I've lived within 15 minutes walking distance to the beach and rarely do I go. I probably average one visit every few months. But I do see it nearly everyday and hear the surf at night. I usually go to the beach when out-of-town friends of family visit. Perhaps I should switch my morning walks to the beachside of town.

Nice set today. Thanks, Dave.