Thursday, May 08, 2014

Disneyland, Summer of '63: Tomorrowland, Pt. 2



Back in Tomorrowland, this poor little tot can barely be seen over the steering wheel of his Autopia vehicle. A cast member appears to be assisting him.

Nearby, one of the submarine fleet is cruising through the lagoon to the delight of onlookers.



Zoom A shows the Tomorrowland Central Ticket booth:



Zoom B shows an older couple, enjoying a little relaxation while watching the sub. The Rocket to the Moon attraction entrance is in the background:



This turtle was one of the sights guests would see on the Submarine attraction:



High up above, the Yachtsmen Quartet was performing for the guests below.



Rounding out today's post are three more shots of the Yachtsmen from my collection that I have previously posted:







See more vintage & current Daveland Disneyland Tomorrowland photos on my main website.

3 comments:

K. Martinez said...

Again, My first trip was in Summer of '63 and that first photo reminds me of that trip when my dad took me on the Autopia. The Submarine Voyage shot including Zoom A and Zoom B are pretty awesome. Thanks, Dave.

David S. Smith said...

That Sub shot blows my mind as I am having a hard time figuring out where it was taken. It looks like it is taken from inside the lagoon as the sub is turning towards us! I guess the depth compression is telling me that a big lens must have been used as the RTTM looks just steps away from the lagoon but is really a fair distance away. Looking at Yesterland's Disneyland from the Air" I think it would have to be from near the motor boats to get everything lined up, but it is all in crystal clear focus from that far. Amazing!

K. Martinez said...

David S. Smith - I'd say that photo was taken from the tri-fence railing area where the Submarine lagoon rockwork shore met the Fantasyland Autopia across from the Matterhorn.