Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Haunted Mansion: Treasures from the Attic



Today's post features a few of the "ghosts" that formerly inhabited the Haunted Mansion's attic in New Orleans Square, beginning with a sketch of the infamous Hatbox Ghost. For years, his return has been one of the hottest rumors to make the rounds on the discussion boards. My animated gif version of this long-lost fan fave:



The original bride, complete with red beating/glowing heart:







and what replaced her, proving that new and improved technology is not always the best choice:



See more vintage & current Disneyland Haunted Mansion photos on my Haunted Mansion web page.

4 comments:

Lizzie said...

Love the pictures! I am sort of obsessed with the Haunted Mansion :) I agree, the old bride was definitely creeper and I was bummed when they took her out. Thanks for sharing!
Lizzie
lizzieindisney.blogspot.com

Major Pepperidge said...

Man, that final picture (of "Constance") shows the problems with the new technology!

...But It Wasn't Always That Way! said...

YES! Long "live" the old bride!!

Janey said...

I would LOVE to see the Hatbox Ghost return! It would be awesome!

Ugh, yes, I can't stand the new bride. She looks so cheesy. All sorts of wrong...

-Janey