Sunday, October 10, 2010

October 1972 Duo



Just two shots today and a few comparison repeats. Not sure who the Band Director was in October 1972, but just for the sake of historical documentation, I decided to re-post these photos of the band marching through Frontierland in December 1956 with Vesey Walker:





...and during the 1960’s; again, an unknown (to me) director who apparently wasn’t allowed to wear white. Maybe he just needs a purity ring.



Over in New Orleans, this October 1972 captures the Blue Bayou:



...as well as Le Gourmet Shop, where they sell Le Food.



View more Disneyland photos at my main website.

6 comments:

Vintage Disneyland Tickets said...

I'm "Le Hungry".... I can see club 33 in the last photo!

I want a white uniform just like Vesey's - seriously.

Major Pepperidge said...

It's funny that you said "just two shots today", and we STILL get six photos!

Connie Moreno said...

Hmmm, I came back to see if there was an answer to the question I posted this morning only to find that my question wasn't there! Weird! Anyway, why wasn't anyone else allowed to wear white except Vesey?

Daveland said...

The guy from 1972 is in white...albeit trimmed in red...but still white. Not sure what the deal was on the uniforms. The current band leader also wears white.

JG said...

Wow, 1972...that was the year.

Thanks for the shot of Le Gourmet. That shop would not be the novelty today that it was back then. Now there's Williams Sonoma and Sur La Table everywhere, but a store devoted to cooking equipment was pretty uptown in the '70's.

I think this storefront has been converted to some kind of "goth" store, with "Nightmare" dog collars & such dreck.

My theory is that the band leader wears white because that costume is the same one the chef wears...but that's just a guess.

JG

Anonymous said...

re: the band director, Jim Christensen was the DL band director in 1972. Can't tell if that is him in the first pic. When the band director is not available, a member of the band fills in, which is why the director is wearing a regular band uniform in the other pic.

G.