Tuesday, April 14, 2009

MORE Burly Women & Upjohn Pharmacy



I goofed. There were two images from the Burly Women series that I forgot to post; so, without further adieu, here we go. Shot #1 appears to be in a fountain, and something tells me that people aren’t supposed to be playing around in it, but who am I to enforce the rules? Everyone knows I don’t ask for permission, I just ask for forgiveness. The last (I promise) shot is another look at the grounds and the pool.



On a totally unrelated note, I have an interior shot of the Upjohn Pharmacy on Main Street U.S.A., circa April 1959.



As always, it’s the details that I enjoy checking out. Outside the door, you can see the awning for the Carnation Ice Cream Parlour, and a young man in what appears to be a military uniform.



Good interior shots are often hard to come by, so I dig it when I find ’em! See more Disneyland Main Street, U.S.A. photos at my website.

3 comments:

Hrundi V. Bakshi said...

I am already missing the burly women. Oh Anchorettes, not so dainty darlings of delight, do come back and visit again.

Major Pepperidge said...

Nice interior of the pharmacy, those folks sure are interested in whatever's in the cases!

CoxPilot said...

That young man in the uniform may be from St. Catherine's Military Academy in Anaheim, or possible from Harvard Military in Los Angeles. (Although, I think Harvard's military programs were gone by that time.)