Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Mildred through the years



Rarely do I know anything about the people in my slides, other than the fact that they chose to spend a day or two at Disneyland. I have a batch of 1969 slides and also one from 1972 showing the same lady at Disneyland. Although her name is not written on them, I would have to guess that it is Mildred. She has just arrived at Disneyland, it’s June 1969, and Mildred is not ready to unveil her hairdo yet; it is too early in the morning. 3 years later, Mildred is back at Disneyland, striking a similar pose, standing (once again) in front of the Mickey floral. This time though, she unveils her perfectly sprayed coiffure, which probably took at least half a can of V05. She does seem a little happier in 1972.



Prepare yourself for more Mildred tomorrrow. See more vintage Disneyland photos on my regular website.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

Hooray for Mildred! I really love that first photo, there's something about the combination of colors (like Mildred's orange outfit) and the crowd of people makes this a fun picture.