Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A little Submarine Action



Today I am posting a variety of Sub photos; and unlike the new Nemo attraction, there is no line to view these! 1 undated b&w Sub shot of the George Washington, and 2 color views from October 1963. Looks like they had to call in a motorboat for either a rescue operation or a repair!





I’ll throw in a fourth for good measure, this one from July 1961. That water is just radiating green goodness...or else I’m a little off in my color correction!



On a more serious note, I hope all my Southern California neighbors here are surviving the horrible fires here and not suffering any loss. It is scary how many people I know have been evacuated with little end in sight to this disaster.

See more vintage Disneyland Submarine photos at my main website.

2 comments:

Major Pepperidge said...

That second photo is very interesting, I wonder if the sub's engine died? I never thought about how they would get guests back to dry land if the vehicle died...if they only use one little boat to evacuate, it's going to take a while!

Anonymous said...

Fantastic as usual. Looks to me like the color is fine in the "green" shot. Maybe there was just not enough blue sky that day to make the water blue. Wasn't the lagoon painted green? I can't remember. It's been so long since I've seen it empty. Loved this ride.