Tuesday, November 21, 2006

A Day @ Disneyland, July 27, 1955 (pt. 6)



Today is the last installment in this series. Grandma finds herself in Tomorrowland. I am sure that in the heat of July, these shade circles were a blessing. The second photo is Grandma outside of the Circarama Building. For some reason, the future doesn’t seem to make her too happy. Maybe she knows something we don’t (like what Tomorrowland is going to look like in 50 years!).



See more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos at my main website.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if early visitors to the park might have been a bit disappointed by the lack of landscaping in so many areas. The park feels unfinished - - because it wasn't finished! Hopefully they realized that the park was just too new.

Daveland said...

The chicken wire fencing around the "landscaping" is what cracks me up!

Matterhorn1959 said...

I really like the shade pieces. It would be fun to reproduce them for a patio cover.