Friday, June 30, 2006

Adventure Thru Inner Space, 1960’s



Matterhorn to the rescue again, as I was pretty much stumped by these 2 slides that I recently received. I recognized the “M” Monsanto logo, but that was about it. Both are from the Adventure Thru Inner Space ride in Tomorrowland (which is now Star Tours). The second shot is from the exit queue, where Monsanto displayed items made out of their space age man-made material. I remember when I used to ride this as a kid that I thought it was so cool that the ride could shrink you!

Any other information about these would be appreciated.



For more vintage and contemporary Disneyland photos, check out my main website.

1 comment:

Major Pepperidge said...

Yay, ATIS! Man, did I love that ride. I've often wondered how cool it would be if it was revived using the same spiel (gotta have Paul Frees), but state-of-the-art effects.